Places to get sand and/or bags...they are free, but you must fill them yourself! Keep in mind there may be a limit to how many you can get, plus they should only be used for those who already have flooding or are in immediate/imminent need.
Redding - City of Redding Corporation Yard(Building 3) on Viking Way, or Fire Station 4 on S. Bonnyview Road
Sunrise Excavating on Clear Creek Road also has free sand and bags available. Also, the Salvation Army will be filling bags for local residents until 2pm on Friday November 30.
Anderson - City Corporation Yard on Barney Street
Shasta County locations
• Palo Cedro Fire Station #32- 9418 Deschutes Rd
• Bella Vista Fire Station #33- 2202 Hwy 299 E
• French Gulch Fire Station #59- 14363 French Gulch Rd
• Cottonwood Fire Station #23- 3271 Brush St
• Jones Valley Fire District- 14680 Ravine Rd
• Mountain Gate Fire Station #41- 14508 Wonderland Bl
• Burney Sheriff’s Substation- 20509 Shasta St
• 35 Airport Road in Trinity Center, 180 Morgan Hill Road in Hayfork and 17960 Mad River Road in Ruth. Sand and bags are available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The Weaverville Solid Waste Transfer Site in Weaverville at 173 Tom Bell Road from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Yreka - 279 Sharp Road
Gazelle - 18232 Old Hwy 99
Mount Shasta - 2839 Pine Grove Drive
McCloud - 220 W. Minnesota Ave
Happy Camp - 64738 Airport Road
Fort Jones - 133 Scott River Road
Dorris - 51431 North Highway 97
Salmon River - 14620 Salmon River Road
Etna - 10005 South Highway 3
Butte County and the City of Chico do not provide sandbags. Lowe's, Home Depot and Northern Star Mills had sandbags the last time around. Good luck!
Tehama County - Sandbags at the city yard on San Benito Avenue in Gerber, across from the fire station in Corning, and at 1860 Walnut Street near the county mental health department.