It’s Spirit Week at Results Radio. Today is Hawaiian/Beach Day. So, I though I’d get a jump on Taco Tuesday…Hawaiian style. Aloha!
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
• 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
• Corn tortillas, warmed or charred on a grill or gas flame
• For the marinade:
• 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
• 1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
• 1 teaspoon Minced Fresh Ginger
• 1 teaspoon Minced Fresh Garlic
• 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
• 2 tablespoons Ketchup
• 2 teaspoons Sriracha Sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
• Lime wedges, for squeezing
For the Pineapple Pico de Gallo:
• 1 cup Pineapple, chopped (fresh or canned)
• 2 tablespoons Chopped Red Onion
• 1/2 cup red, yellow or orange Bell Pepper, diced
• 1 tablespoon Chopped Cilantro
• Juice from one lime
Mix all Pico ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until using.
• Prepare the marinade by combining the sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, pineapple juice, ketchup, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce together, add ingredients to a large resealable plastic bag and whisk together.
• Add the chicken to the bag, seal, and store in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-4 hours.
• After marinating, preheat a grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill the chicken for about 5-7 minutes. Then flip and cook the other side for another 5-7 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F
• Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from grill. Set on a cutting board. Let it rest for a few minutes to cool slightly. Chop the chicken into strips or cubes.
• Make the tacos by filling the corn tortillas with the cut-up chicken, top with fresh pineapple Pico de Gallo and fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.